Last Updated: November 20, 2020
2. Information We Collect and How We Use It
Device Information: When you visit our Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
Personal Account Information: If you choose to sign-up for services on our Site, you will be asked to provide the following basic information: your name, your e-mail address, your mailing address, your telephone number and your credit card or other payment information.
We need these categories of information in order to enter into a transaction agreement with you to provide you with the goods or services you have requested.
You may also choose to provide some information about your product preferences, tastes or individual characteristics, which we will use to customize the goods or services you have requested, and to validate your prior membership activity.
As part of our agreement with you, we may use Personal Account Information to contact you or send you notifications about products and services that you have ordered. We may also, on the basis of your consent or our legitimate business interests, send you notifications about products and services that we otherwise think may be of interest to you. You can withdraw your consent at any time by using the opt-out mechanism in the notification or contacting us directly.
iLOLA uses Technical Data for the following business purposes:
(a) to diagnose and prevent service or technology problems that are associated with the IP addresses;
(b) to help us provide you with customized content and promotions that match your stated preferences;
(c) to prepare geographical or other statistical data to help us better serve our users;
(d) to create new features, promotions, and services in connection with the Services;
(e) to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns;
(f) to monitor the use of the Services;
(g) to confirm that Users have visited previously;
(h) to keep track of the status of your shopping cart; and
(i) to perform other functions on the Services.
Referral Information: We often invite Users to tell a friend about our products or services. Where permitted, you may provide us with your friend’s name and email address (“Referral Information”). We will automatically send your friend emails inviting them to subscribe to iLOLA’s box program or other product or service, and we will typically include a discount or other promotion to encourage your friend to become a User or customer. Your friend may opt-out of future marketing emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link within the invitation and may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove their information from our database.
3. Disclosure of your Information
Unless otherwise disclosed at the time of collection of information, iLOLA does not share Personal Account Information, Technical Data, or Referral Information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. We may, however, share personal information of our users with social media platforms, web publishers and/or their advertising intermediaries in order for them to display the relevant iLOLA ads to our users and individuals with similar interests and to measure the effectiveness of those ads.
iLOLA may also provide your information to service-providers who provide marketing insights, such as lookalike models or other statistical research. iLOLA may also provide general demographic, aggregated, or deidentified information about Users and customers and their preferences to advertisers and other existing or prospective business partners.
In addition, iLOLA reserves the right to share Personal Account Information, Technical Data, and Referral Information with authorized third parties if:
(a) we believe we are required to do so in accordance with a law or to respond to a subpoena, court order, or other lawful request by a public authority, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
(c) we believe that such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to take precautions against liability;
(d) we believe that such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations;
(e) we believe that such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to assist government agencies;
(f) we believe that such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the security or integrity of the Services;
(g) we believe that such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, safety or property of iLOLA, our Users or others; or
4. Third-Party Advertising
Advertisers may download cookies onto your computer, or use other technology like web beacons, to enable them to recognize your computer and collect information about your activity over time on our Services and other online services to facilitate delivery of targeted advertisements on other online services that they believe would be of most interest to you. iLOLA does not have access to or control of the data collected from cookies that may be placed on your computer by third-party advertisers.
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to help keep information secure and to help prevent it from becoming disclosed. Even though we follow reasonable procedures to try to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect so we cannot guarantee, and you should not expect, that your information will be secure in all circumstances.
We do not collect, use, or disclose your Personal Account Information in any ways or for any purposes that are materially different from those set forth herein. However, if we wish to do so in the future, we will obtain your consent first, and offer you the choice to opt-out of such collection, use, or disclosure.
7. Data Quality, Access, and Rectification
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure your Personal Account Information is accurate and complete and we will update or correct your information as needed when notified by you. In addition, you can manage your Personal Account Information through your iLOLA account. If you would like to request access to your personal information, request to verify your personal information, identify any inaccuracy in your personal information, or change your personal information in any way, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will keep your Personal Account Information in active files or systems as long as needed to meet the purposes for which it was collected or to fulfill the other purposes outlined herein.
9. International Transfers
This website is hosted in, and our Services are provided from, Canada. Accordingly, any personal information we collected may be processed in the Canada or other countries in which we or our service providers operate. Those countries may offer less privacy protection than your country of residence, and in certain instances your personal information may be accessible by foreign courts, law enforcement authorities and national security authorities in those countries.
10. Other Sites
11. Changes to this Policy
13. Do Not Track Signals: Some web browsers and devices allow you to broadcast a preference that your activities online not be “tracked”. At this time, our Services do not take action in response to “do not track” signals.
14. Children: The Service is not intended for use by children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from children under the age of 16.
If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of sixteen (16) and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us at email@example.com.
If we become aware that we have collected personal information of a child under 16 years of age through the Service, we take steps to remove that information and terminate the child’s account.
15. Your rights. Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Personal Account Information processed by us.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
· Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Information.
· Object to processing of their Personal Account Information. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Personal Account Information if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
· Access their Personal Account Information. Users have the right to learn if their Personal Account Information is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Personal Account Information undergoing processing.
· Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Personal Account Information and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
· Restrict the processing of their Personal Account Information. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Personal Account Information. In this case, we will not process their Personal Account Information for any purpose other than storing it.
· Have their Personal Account Information deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right to obtain the erasure of their Personal Account Information.
· Receive their Personal Account Information and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Personal Account Information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller. This provision is applicable provided that the Personal Account Information is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
· Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
16. Changing and Deleting: You may access your Personal Account Information through your profile on our Services and delete, change, or modify certain information. For additional assistance with modifying or deleting information provided to our Services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. Direct Mail: To opt-out of receiving our direct mail or catalogs, you may send us an email at email@example.com.
18. Questions or Complaints